Tuesday, March 6, 2012

American Culture at Fremd

If I were a cultural anthropologist studying the American culture at Fremd, I would think that it is essential to have the latest phone, ipod, ipad, or computer to survive. Most teens in Fremd can't go one school day without checking their phone or listening to their ipods. I would think that Americans are cliquy and sometimes not accepting of other people. I would think America had pretty bad values because we rely too much on technology and don't accept all teenagers.

4 comments:

Ryan Woodman said...

Pretty much this, plus 2 extremes: either you're always with friends and talking to people, or you don't talk to anyone and are quite a loner.

Amy Bidstrup said...

I agree. We all would make Americans seem very materialistic. And we pretty much are.

Lizzie Kapinos said...

I agree, we base our lives off of technology too much sometimes. And I also agree that we are not accepting to others sometimes :(

Dean S. said...

I agree. Phones are a big part of fremd culture. It's also the same with American culture as a whole.