Sunday, May 13, 2012

30 Days

I thought this episode was interesting. I was surprised at how judgmental Ryan was of other people and their beliefs in the beginning. I knew that some people were against homosexuality but it really surprised me to what extent Ryan and the people in his community prejudiced gay people. I do think that Ryan was able to be brave and break out of his comfort zone through his experience. I think the trip was beneficial to his viewpoints on others although I don’t think he changed dramatically because it’s hard to change something you’ve grown up believing in just 30 days. I think going to San Francisco was a good eye opener for Ryan.

1 comment:

Kara Kirchner said...

I agree with devin that this took a lot of courage and it opened his eyes to different views. He didn't change very much, but he was brought out of his comfort zone and learned more about homosexuality