Friday, February 10, 2012

Evolution

The most important part of evolution was the Australopithecus Afrensis because this is the stage where they became bipedal. This is important because walking on two feet means they can raise babies, stand taller to see further, and conserve energy. Another substantial step in evolution is the Homo Habilis stage where they could make stone tools which enabeled them to eat meat. The ability to eat meat meant that they had brain development which enabled them to solve problems. These two steps are important because these developments led to where we are today.

3 comments:

Ryan Woodman said...

I disagree, I think the most important part of evolution was homo sapien sapiens, although bipedalism is extremely important as well.

mayu sugikawa:) said...

I answered Homo Ergaster, but I agree with you too. I think that there is an importance in the beginning of humans. Without A. Afrensis, the adaption to bipedalism, we might not be here today.

mayu sugikawa:) said...

I answered Homo Ergaster, but I agree with you too. I think that there is an importance in the beginning of humans. Without A. Afrensis, the adaption to bipedalism, we might not be here today.