Sunday, February 5, 2012

Harlow's Experiments

Should Harlow's Experiments be repeated again...is this even a question?!?! Seriously?! Who in their right mind would say that these unethical, cruel and disgusting experiments should be repeated AGAIN. Yeah, I get it, it's aaaaaall in the name of science, yada yada yada. I'd rather not know how a certain situation might be resolved if it ended up screwing up someones life, either human, ape or monkey. Plus, the way he raised the monkeys in complete solitude without their mothers, family members, or other monkeys was not good for the monkeys well being at all but that should be a given. And for anyone who says they should be repeated, let me ask you this. Would it be okay if it was a human being going through those experiments? Or better yet! What if that was YOU being experimented on?! I know personally I wouldn't enjoy it...just a little something to think about.

1 comment:

Silpsupha said...

I agree with you about Harlow's experiments not being repeated. Harlow's experiments were cruel and disgusting, as you wrote. His experiments could hurt someone else's life most likely. The feeling of a monkey is close to humans. I would be hurt by the experiment. Your point about the seperation of rhusus monkeys from their mothers, family members, or other monkeys can I see.