Sunday, September 18, 2011

8th Amendment

I for one, don't believe that there should be a death penalty. What gives a man the right to decide how another man should die? To me, I don't think any human should be able to have the rights over another mans life. There are other alternative solutions when it comes to deciding punishments for criminals other than straight death. The death penalty is not only cruel, but its unjust. Sure, maybe the criminal has committed an act of murder, but is it really right for someone to do the same back to him? Doing the same crime that the criminal just did doesn't make anything right, or anyone better. We would be no better than the criminal itself. I don't believe that stooping to their level will solve anything. I think that they should definitely have to pay for what they did, but not in an act so severe, to where the person winds up dead.

No comments: