Friday, September 16, 2011

Eighth Amendment

Cruel and unusual punishment is something I am happy we are protected by in the eighth amendment. Although I do believe this amendment is necessary, I wish it defined better. It should state what exatly a cruel and unusual punishment. It must me more specific in order to make for a more useful amendment. For example, the death penalty. I am not sure how i feel about the death penalty. I dont think like the think about how in the past we have killed innocent people. Maybe if the amendment was more specific there would be less innocent people being killed by the death penalty.

1 comment:

Nick Naylor said...

I agree with Rachel. There are certain reasons why people should be afflicted by cruel punishments, but that should be stated in the constitution.