Tuesday, September 20, 2011

the electoral college

I think it's very beneficial for the U.S. to have the Electoral College. It is made to keep elections fair and prevent the government from being run by someone with no political knowledge or background. The Electoral College is good because it has people who know what they're doing in politics and know what may be best for the country representing everyone. Also, it stops situations from happening where someone is elected for President just based on popularity. Although some people think they are not getting a say in the government, this is isn't true because the Electoral College takes the popular vote of the people in account and most times uses this as their Electoral votes.

2 comments:

Brian Ciardiello said...

Very well put devon. I also agree with the electoral college. I think that if we didn't have this system in place people would vote for people with no political knowledge a lot more often. People can now communicate across the whole nation instantly with the internet and facebook. I think that everyone would all try and vote someone to be president just for fun. I also agree that everyone gets a say in the government because the electoral college votes off of what the citizens think.

Jack Finis said...

Well put Char. As for DEVON, I agree with you too. The electoral college is great and keeps a border tab on who is elected. I don't know about you, but I would have char as the commander in chief if it wasn't for this system. I do like, though, how the electoral college votes off of what the people think and say, not whatever they want.