Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Story of Stuff

I was very surprised to learn about the amount of stuff that we consume in our economy. When I buy something I have never really thought about where it goes after it breaks or when I'm done using it. Something else that surprised me was when they said that products are designed to break over a certain period of time so that the consumer goes out and spends money to buy the newest version of the same product. I always knew that this was the case but now that I'm thinking about it, it makes me realize how unfair that really is. Companies are out to make money and they don't care about the resources they are wasting to produce these products for its consumers.

1 comment:

Mike Wallentin said...

i believe that the waste is truly there, and it shows. Its careless, immature, and against what we say we are here to do to this earth.