Friday, November 18, 2011

Walmart

I think that Walmart has made itself a successful company but with flaws. Sure, people view it bad that they treat their employees like garbage by not paying them enough to provide for their families, having terrible health care, and getting rid of small town businesses by their presence, but I think there are two sides of this story. In class, we only saw in the point of view of the people who had small businesses in small towns, who lost their jobs because of Walmart, but there are still many people who likes and lives fine on Walmart's cheap prices. There should always be a balance on the two, like there can't be too many Walmarts, and there can't be too many small businesses for the economy to be balanced. I think Walmart should change some of their ways on how they treat their employees around the world, but I don't see them as too big of a problem if they make those few changes.

1 comment:

Amy Bidstrup said...

I agree. I don't think Walmart would be as bad if they change the way they treat their employees. Once they turn that around, they would be a company that pays its workers better wages and offers them better health care.