Sunday, November 20, 2011

Walmart

Watching the documentary has definitely changed my views on Walmart. I never knew that Walmart caused so much suffering in a lot of people’s lives. Low prices definitely come with a cost: low wages, poor health insurance, and major damage on the surrounding local economy. Making money is always their first priority, and they lack the care and consideration for their employees. Walmarts, although they offer low, affordable prices, do more bad than good. Walmart sounds like an evil empire trying to take over the world, but I have to remember that the video is very biased, and buried under the corruption and lies, they do help. Some families depend on Walmart’s affordable goods, and if we decide to close down every Walmart, they wouldn’t be able to support themselves. I will have to remind myself that the documentary is very biased, but it has definitely lowered my respect for Walmart.

No comments: