Friday, November 18, 2011

Walmart

After watching the documentary on Walmart, I think it is both good and bad. Yes, we can go to Walmart and buy items for a whole lot cheaper than at others stores but the low prices are coming at other people's expense. I was shocked that such a large and profitable company was treating its employees with such disrespect. Yeah, no one is forcing those people to work there but some of them have no choice. For some people they needed a job and Walmart was the only place that they could work. Maybe some people will boycott Walmart after watching this documentary. I want to but my mom said she"ll still shop there and when I move out I can shop where ever I want. I just think it's horrible to keep shopping at a store that doesn't give its workers rights and doesn't care about the factory conditions in its Chinese factories.

1 comment:

Evan Wurtz said...

I think giving products for a lot cheaper is good too because some families cannot afford much and Walmart helps them out. On the other hand, it is sickening how much profit the company makes. They could use some of that profit to give their workers better rights. Just like most of the other 1% of people who are ridiculously wealthy, they are also ridiculously greedy.