Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monaaay

I think that the money spend in campaigns is kinda of whatever to me. Only because if they can raise that kind of money, then more power to them. Plus I think it shows a really good leadership quality why someone can raise all that money, which would give me more confidence towards that candidate. Yes, it's a lot of money... but they are all donations from people who are willingly doing it. Some people said the money could go towards something better to help the country.. well that's not the candidates fault, the person who is donating the money is the one who could 'be helping the country.' & maybe donating is their perception of how they are helping their country.

3 comments:

Evan Wurtz said...

I agree with Katie that it doesn't really matter to me. If the candidates are able to raise that much money then they earned it. If they're able to raise that much money, then they obviously have good ideas because people are giving them a lot of money so they can get into office. Also, the people that donate money to the candidates probably wouldn't donate that same amount of money to "help the country" anyways so it might as well go to the candidate that they believe in.

mayu sugikawa:) said...

I agree with Katie that being able to raise a huge amount of money shows leadership skills and a candidate's power to move people to support their cause. I also agree that it's not the candidates' fault for getting so many donations. They didn't force anybody to give them money, and they are entitled to use that money any way they want.

Casie Perrino said...

I agree with Katie that is a candidate raises the money, then it is theirs to have. I also agree that it shows leadership skills to raise that amount of money. If a candidate can raise money like that it shows that people really believe in him or her.