Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wall Street Protests

I think the Wall Street protests are an effective form of freedom of speech and assembly. A group of people are getting together to share and advertise their negative opinions of Wall Street and big corporations. But I don't think protesting Wall Street is an effective decision for these people. They are taking their anger out on people who are working hard to get the money they earn instead of where they might be able to make a change- Washington D.C. I don't think they're going to fix anything by blaming Wall Street for all the problems.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Uhrich said...

I agree that they have the right to protest their beliefs, but I don't necessarily believe in what they're protesting. Companies and corporations have to work long and hard to be successful, and they have to continue to do so to keep their business going. Blaming them for what is happening in our economy is not a solution.