Sunday, October 2, 2011

Third Parties

In my opinion, I don’t think that any of the third parties have any real chance of making it in the American political system. Before doing the web quest, I didn’t know anything about third parties, and why they have such a small support system. But after learning about them, I now understand. They are too extreme and crazy. Their beliefs and goals are only focused on what one specific issue, and don’t touch on other important issues. But if I had to choose which party had the “best” chance, it would be the Green Party. Recently people have been going crazy about “going green” and “saving the planet”, so this is the time for them to take their party to the next level. Right now, the party doesn’t seem well rounded. Everything they stand for revolves around the environment, and they don’t seem to have any idea on how to handle any other matters. I think that if they focus their attention on other political issues, while thinking of the environment, they might have a good chance in the American political system.

2 comments:

Kira H. said...

For the most part I agree with what she said about people wanting to go green. However, I don't think they will achieve political success. Even though many people agree with what they are about, this party offers little political change. Right now, I think the country is seeking change. Without much of a political backbone, the Green Party will only attract certain people. However, I do think many people will adopt ideas from them to help gain more supporters.

Elizabeth Uhrich said...

I agree with what she said about third parties being kind of crazy and extreme sometimes. I also agree that the Green Party is the third party that most people would agree with, but I don't think they would be willing to vote for that party just on that reason alone.