Saturday, January 28, 2012

State of the Union

I'm not to interested when it comes to the whole government and politics game so I thought that this speech was going to be so long and boring that i'd fall asleep in the middle of watching it. However, there were some things that sparked my interest, one of those topics being pirating from and censoring the internet. The week during and before the speech took place, I would hop onto facebook or any other site and all I can hear about is SOPA this or PIPA that. It literally made the internet come together and have people fighting against this. I'm glad that President Obama brought it up during the speech stating that no one owns it so no one can control it. Even though SOPA isn't dead yet, it's been pushed back or delayed or however you want to call it. And you know what? That's better than nothing because like most high school kids, I can't get enough of the internet.

1 comment:

Anna Aiello said...

Those 2 issues are also what i wanted to hear about, and i did not.